Michael L. Piccarreta
- State Bar of Arizona, Past President
- Listed from 1991 to present in The Best Lawyers of America in the practice areas of Criminal Defense: Non-White Collar and Criminal Defense: White Collar.
- The Best Lawyers in America: Lawyer of the Year, Tucson, Arizona, Criminal Defense: Non-White-Collar (2014, 2011).
- The Best Lawyers in America: Lawyer of the Year, Tucson, Arizona, Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2015, 2012).
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Adjunct Professor, University of Arizona College of Law
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Past President
- State Bar of Arizona, Criminal Rules Comm. & Criminal Justice Section, Past Chair
- Awarded the State Bar of Arizona’s Tom Karas Criminal Justice Award (2011).
- Awarded the Pima County Bar Association’s Robert J. Hooker Criminal Justice Award (2010).
Michael L. Piccarreta received his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Toledo (1971, 1974).
Mr. Piccarreta’s practice is limited to the criminal defense of corporations and individuals. Mr. Piccarreta has extensive experience in representing corporations and corporate officers for alleged improprieties such as securities violations, fraud, environmental matters and other complicated white collar crimes. Mr. Piccarreta has extensive experience in representing those accused of murder, fraud, narcotics and marijuana violations, money laundering, vehicular homicide and other serious matters.
Mr. Piccarreta has been involved in many highly publicized cases and as a result has appeared on 60 Minutes, The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Daily Rundown, CBS News, NBC News, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, National Public Radio, Inside Edition and has been quoted in most major American newspapers.
Mr. Piccarreta served as president of the State Bar of Arizona. He is a past president and a founding member of the Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice. He served on and chaired various committees for the State Bar of Arizona including the Criminal Rules Committee and Criminal Justice Section.
Mr. Piccarreta has been well recognized by his peers. He was selected by peer review to be listed in The Best Lawyers in America for the past 25 years and was repeatedly selected as one of the leading individuals for white collar crime litigation in the state of Arizona by Chambers USA. He was regularly selected as one of the Southwest Super Lawyers and named as one of Tucson’s leading lawyers by Tucson Lifestyle Magazine.
Mr. Piccarreta has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law teaching Advanced Criminal Trial Practice.
Mr. Piccarreta was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and has served as its State Chairman. Nomination for fellowship, by fellow members of the bar and bench, is limited to one percent of the lawyers in the state. He was elected as a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, an invitation only organization which is limited to 500 trial lawyers in the United States. He is an AV rated lawyer inMartindale-Hubbell. Mr. Piccarreta was a Co-Honoree of the Year by the Southern Arizona Chapter of the ACLU. He is the proud recipient of the President’s Commendation from the National Association of Criminal Defense lawyers and also the Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice. Mr. Piccarreta was honored by the Pima County Bar Association as a recipient of the Robert J. Hooker Criminal Justice Award. He has been selected by The Best Lawyers in America as Lawyer of the Year in Criminal Defense Non-White Collar for Tucson, Arizona in 2011 and 2014, and also as Lawyer of the Year in Criminal Defense White Collar for Tucson, Arizona in 2012 and 2015. He is also the recipient of the 2011 State Bar of Arizona Tom Karas Criminal Justice Award and the 2013 co-recipient Freedom Fund Honoree of the Year for the NAACP Tucson Chapter.